But despite the pleasures that these amusement park rides give, there have been really downsides of it. There have been related incidents of injuries and death involving these rides all over the world. In the United States, there have been estimations of about 5000 ride-related accidents every year which includes lethal ones. The cause of these events is either mechanical malfunction or the people themselves. There are times when the machines possess defects or not maintained properly which then leads to the disasters. There are also cases when there are lapses amongst the operators or the people themselves being too clumsy or playful which is another fatal cause.
With the alarming case caused by the rides, laws have been implemented to cover up and justify the scenarios that will happen afterwards. In the US, laws vary in some states, depending on their implementation processes. There are three basic laws that cover this case which are the liability law, premises liability law and the negligence law.
Ride related accidents are complex when it comes to laws and other situations so it must be acted out as soon as possible. In case of occurrence, here are some guidelines by Paul Dansker an experienced attorney to follow.
1. Medical careThis should be really done immediately. The primary concern is your health so make sure that you are attended as early as possible. Have your examination and medical records as reference to what has really caused the accident. These are vital documents you must have as you present this for further law disputes.
2. Recording the IncidentAs much as possible, have accounts of what really happened. It's best to look for actual witnesses of the scene as supporting cast. Look for videos and pictures if there is any. If these evidences are really solid, your rights will be properly protected.
3. Legal Attention
You must really organize this as early as possible. You may seek compensation for your injuries, health care provisions and other benefits that you may claim. Consult an attorney to help you guide through the process. There are cases which are to complex especially when you are dealing with large and highly named amusement parks like in an instance wherein a New York theme park injury attorney takes a legal action to this case against a highly named park. With the help of an attorney, you can protect your rights for your rights.
Amusement Park Accident LiabilityWhen an accident occurs at the amusement park, liability or who is responsible is a major cause for concern. Since accidents can be caused by rider behavior, mechanical failure, design limitations, and operator behavior, liability varies on a case by case basis. There are several common claims that are made most often against amusement parks when an accident or injury occurs:
• Failure to give proper warnings or instruction
• Failure of the facility to keep rides in safe operating condition through proper inspection and maintenance
• Failure to warn people with chronic health conditions to avoid certain attractions
• Failure to keep public areas and walkways safe.
• Inherently dangerous ride design
Parents need to be especially vigilant. Make sure that you are monitoring your child as the ride progresses, and observe the operator’s behavior when your child enters a ride. Also make sure that you are explaining safe behavior to your child before your trip to the amusement park so that your entire family is on the same page.
If despite your best efforts to stay safe at the amusement park, you or a loved one suffers an accident or injury, contact Paul Dansker & Aspromonte.
To know more please click here